Managing a private practice comes with more than its fair share of hard work, both in caring for your patients and handling the administrative side of the business. Patient management software (PMS) solutions are a way to resolve your administrative needs while improving the overall experience for your clients, thereby freeing up time and resources, but it’s important to choose the right one for your business.
Let’s take a look at how to use patient management software, its benefits, and why it’s essential for private practices.
What Is Patient Management Software?
Patient management software allows you to manage tasks and information relating to your patients and practice. It reduces the administrative load on your team with easy appointment management, billing, automated reminders and more.
EMR vs PMS: What’s the Difference?
EMR (electronic medical record) software is used by clinical staff to document the care the patient receives at the practice, whereas PMS is used primarily by admin staff to manage financial and administrative functions.
While both are essential and practice can use different software for each, solutions like Power Diary integrate the functionality of EMRs and PMSs into a single platform, simplifying recording-keeping within the practice.
How to Use Patient Management Software
Patient management software is used to improve:
Streamlining processes with patient intake management software includes online forms for seamless, accurate information collection. New client intake forms can be sent when a new patient makes an appointment and should include fields such as contact information, medical history, emergency contact details and more.
Billing & Invoice Creation
Integrated invoicing allows you to automatically include details about the service provided, timing and price. Through PMS, you can manage outstanding accounts, accept various types of payments and create and send client statements. All of these actions can be managed from anywhere and on any device.
Data security is an integral feature of PMS. Power Diary’s advanced security features extend to regular technology updates, compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, backup, encryption and cutting-edge infrastructure design, among many others.
Custom Form Creation
Create custom forms for your practice, or select a template from the online library and customise it for your needs. Depending on what you require, you can use multiple choice questions, insert text fields, allow signatures from patients and more. In addition, patient records can be linked directly to these forms, allowing for the information to be automatically updated.
Patient Relationship Management Software
PMS software allows you to build relationships with your patients. Patients want to receive personalised care, and implementing patient relationship management software can help you reduce the administrative burden of this expectation.
Comprehensive Patient Communication
Send automated SMS appointment reminders, use appointment confirmations and manage bulk and personal emails, all within your patient management software.
Comprehensive communication also extends to telehealth for practices that offer this remote service. A convenient solution for many health professionals and patients alike, Power Diary’s robust telehealth feature is baked into the software (at no additional cost), free for patients and secured through end-to-end encryption.
Reliable Patient Record Management
Patient record management software functions as a CRM for your practice, and you can rest easy knowing that your patient information is organised, secure and accessible from anywhere.
Simple Software for Patient Interactions
With intuitive features that range from online booking and intake forms to a client portal that allows patients to check their outstanding, it’s easier than ever for your patients to access the information they need, when they need it.
Get the Best Patient Management Software for You
No matter the size of your practice, the number of locations you have or the type of healthcare work you do, Power Diary has the most comprehensive patient management software solution to suit your needs.
The Benefits of Choosing Power Diary
- Access data from anywhere: If you have an internet connection and a device, you can access booking, billing and more, wherever you are in the world.
- Experience premium security: Information stored on the cloud is securely encrypted and complies with the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Sign zero contracts: With Power Diary, you don’t have to commit to signing anything, and you can cancel at any time.
- Get unlimited free support: Power Diary offers customer support that ensures all your technical queries are met, without any limits. The support team is available via live chat on the site, via email, or by scheduling a live phone or video call.
- Integrate intuitively: Learning about our features is simple. Our Knowledge Base contains hundreds of helpful articles on how to get the most from your software, and the support team is available 24/7 if you get stuck.
- Get your money back: Power Diary offers all customers a 100% money-back guarantee for a full 12 months. If you start an account now and you feel Power Diary isn’t suited to you at any point over the next 12 months, we’ll pay your subscription fees back in full.
- Stay on budget: Power Diary scales with your needs with simple pricing tiers based on the number of clinicians in your practice. There’s also a 14-day free trial, so you can log in and have a look around before you commit.
Patient Manager Software for Your Industry
Power Diary’s patient management software is used in over 23 countries around the world, supporting a wide variety of healthcare professions, including:
- Health and wellness practitioners, such as personal trainers, nutritionists, dietitians, massage therapists and acupuncturists
- Healing and recovery practitioners, such as physical therapists, chiropractors and occupational therapists
- Specialty healthcare practitioners, such as podiatrists, speech therapists, osteopaths, homoeopaths and naturopaths
- Mental health practitioners, such as psychologists, therapists, counsellors and social workers
Prioritise Your Patients with Power Diary
Get started with patient management software designed to streamline your practice and help you build closer relationships with your patients. Our PMS software solution is created specifically for health professionals, with over 100 features to help make running a successful private practice simpler and easier.
Ready to start your journey? Take advantage of our limited-time offer: sign up for a free trial and get 50% off for 6 months!