- About this Website
- Links from Other Websites
- Availability of the Power Diary Website
- Power Diary Products and Services
- Prices and Invoice Errors
- Cancellation Charges and Alterations
- Refunds for Unused Services
- Limitation of Liability
- Copyright and Trademarks
- Use of the Power Diary Website
- One Year Guarantee – Fair Play
- Local Privacy and Security Regulations
1. About this Website
The Power Diary website is owned and operated by Power Diary Pty Ltd. References in these terms and conditions to “Power Diary”, “us” or “we” are references to Power Diary Pty Ltd trading as “Power Diary”.
2. Links from Other Websites
You may also be using the Power Diary website as part of a link from another website, or a window or frame in that other website. Regardless of the appearance of the site, your transaction occurs with, and payment is processed by, Power Diary, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below.
4. Availability of the Power Diary Website
- As electronic services are subject to interruption or breakdown, access to the Power Diary Website is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis only.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have alternate contingency plans in place to enable you to conduct an appointment or other transactions by other means should the Power Diary Website be unavailable.
- Power Diary may impose limits or restrictions on the use you may make of the Power Diary Website. Power Diary may withdraw the Power Diary Website at any time and without notice to you.
5. Power Diary Products and Services
- The Power Diary Website contains both information of a general nature about Power Diary’s products and services, and also enables you to purchase and pay for use of the online service (the “Products”).
- Where the Power Diary Website enables you to purchase the Products online:
- We may enter into a binding contract for the provision of the Products through a process in which Power Diary makes an electronic offer via the Power Diary Website and you electronically communicate your acceptance of that offer via the Power Diary Website;
- Power Diary may act on and process all completed electronic instructions, messages, requests or communications issued or transmitted to Power Diary via the Power Diary Website (each an ‘Electronic Instruction’) without further confirmation from or reference to you; and
- Power Diary may treat an Electronic Instruction as authentic and is under no obligation to investigate the authenticity or authority of persons issuing or transmitting such Electronic Instruction, or to verify the accuracy and completeness of such Electronic Instruction.
- You must be the credit card holder for any Products which you attempt to acquire via the Power Diary Website.
- Creating a binding contract with Power Diary via the Power Diary Website is a two-step process:
- The first step is to create or compile a schedule containing the Products you wish to acquire. Upon completion or selection by you of all required Products, the Power Diary Website will provide you with a quote and guide for the Products selected.
- If you wish to acquire the Products selected then, upon completion by you of all required details, you must accept the quote and a binding agreement will be created, with a corresponding Power Diary username/password.
- When entering into a contract via the Power Diary Website, you will be taken to have communicated your acceptance to an offer from Power Diary only when:
- the Electronic Instruction containing the acceptance from you enters and is recorded in the relevant Power Diary database;
- a record is created and stored in the relevant Power Diary database; and
- a Power Diary username/password is generated by the Power Diary system.
- The parties will not be bound by the terms of a contract created via the Power Diary Website until the Electronic Instruction containing the acceptance from you to Power Diary’s offer has been received by Power Diary in the manner specified in this clause.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of your acceptance through an Electronic Instruction may not be received by Power Diary in accordance with this clause for reasons beyond either parties’ reasonable control including, but not limited to, mechanical, software, computer, telecommunications or electronic failure. You further acknowledge that, to the extent permitted by law, Power Diary is not liable to you or your clients in any way for any loss or damage at all and however caused, arising directly or indirectly in connection with the use of Power Diary in any way.
- Power Diary may issue a paper confirmation of the Products acquired by you. The existence of a binding contract is not conditional on Power Diary issuing, or you receiving, a paper confirmation of the transaction.
- Power Diary may at its discretion refuse to accept a new Trial Account, close any Trial Account, or refuse to provide service to a former client or any other user. The reasons for this include, but are not limited to circumstances where a client has currently or in the past attempted to circumvent Power Diary security measures, has misused their account, have used or attempted to use their account for unlawful purposes or for any other reason.
- In the circumstances that you use Power Diary for more than two weeks beyond the initial 14 days free trial period, and this use reflects ordinary use (as opposed to minimal use for the purposes of evaluation) then Power Diary may at its discretion deem the account to be “Converted” and normal charges be applied to the account. This clause shall not apply in the circumstance that you have obtained an extension of your Free Trial from Power Diary.
- All payments for any Products acquired via the Power Diary Website must be made in full by clear funds before the signup will be accepted, processed and acted on by Power Diary.
- Unless provided for otherwise, all payments referred to in 6.1 above are to be made by credit card issued in your name (Visa or MasterCard). You must, therefore, provide Power Diary with all required credit card details. Power Diary may securely store your credit card number for security and verification purposes, or as part of your profile if you request Power Diary to do so.
- Unless otherwise arranged, payments related to the use of Power Diary are to be paid automatically using your nominated credit card which is to be entered into Power Diary auto-payment system. All invoices are due on the day they are issued unless other terms have been agreed upon in writing by Power Diary. Additional charges may be applied for any accounts not processed automatically using the auto-payment system unless the payment failure was due to an error caused by Power Diary. Invoices one week or more overdue may result in additional charges being applied and notices being placed on your Power Diary account to remind users that payment is overdue. Accounts that remain unpaid for an extended period may also be subject to access restrictions.
7. Prices and Invoice Errors
- Power Diary endeavours to ensure that all prices listed on the Power Diary Website are accurate and up-to-date. Power Diary reserves the right to adjust any fees, charges or prices as necessary, even if the Products acquired have been paid for in full, to reflect such cost increases passed onto Power Diary.
- Power Diary reserves the right to correct any errors in fees, charges, rates or prices quoted or billed, even if the Products acquired have been paid for in full.
8. Cancellation Charges and Alterations
Power Diary reserves the right to charge you a fee for each alteration or variation to a Product requested. Power Diary will inform you in advance if a charge will apply for any variations you request.
9. Refunds for Unused Services
Power Diary will not issue you with a refund for any pre-paid services or products which are not used or utilised for any reason, including for reasons beyond your control such as illness, strikes, natural or manmade disasters or acts of God.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that information is free from error, Power Diary does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of Material on this Website. All information is subject to change without notice. Power Diary does not guarantee that the Power Diary Website or any third party websites will be free from viruses, or that access to the Power Diary Website will be uninterrupted. All terms implied by law, except those which cannot be lawfully excluded, are excluded.
11. Limitation of Liability
- Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, Power Diary, and its directors, employees, agents and contractors, are not liable to you or your clients for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defense or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to the services provided through the Power Diary Website, any Material on this Website, any third party material, or from access to the Power Diary Website by you, howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort including negligence, statute or otherwise.
- The liability of Power Diary for breach of a condition or warranty implied by law, and which cannot be excluded, is limited, to the extent possible and at Power Diary’s option, to the supply of the goods or services again, the repair of the goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again or repaired.
- Power Diary does not accept any liability for a confirmed appointment that is not available at arrival time, whether these are due to administrative errors on the part of you or your staff, or by system errors.
13. Copyright and Trademarks
- Copyright in the Material on this Website is owned or licensed by Power Diary.
- Except where necessary for and incidental to viewing the Material on this Website via your web browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws, no Material on this Website may be copied, reproduced, stored in an electronic or another retrieval system, adapted, uploaded to a third party location, framed, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process whatsoever without the specific written consent of Power Diary.
- Third party trademarks are trademarks of the respective third parties.
14. Use of the Power Diary Website
- You must not use any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to monitor, copy or extract any web pages on the Power Diary Website, or any of the content contained within, without Power Diary’s prior written permission;
- You must not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Power Diary Website or any transaction or process being conducted on or through it;
- You must not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Power Diary Website; and
- You must not reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover source code or another arithmetical formula in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with the Power Diary Website.
16. One Year Guarantee – Fair Play
- The one year Guarantee period commences from the date the Free Trial was created. Requests for refunds under the Guarantee must be made within 364 days following the commencement of the Free Trial.
- The Guarantee allows a Power Diary Account Holder to request a full refund for the Monthly Subscription fees paid during this period. However, it does not allow for refunding charges associated with any SMS fees.
- The Guarantee can be claimed in circumstances where Power Diary is not able to meet the business requirements of the Account Holder. It can not be claimed due to closure of business by the Power Diary Account Holder.
- Power Diary strives to offer affordable rates by automating functions such as invoicing and payments. When a payment is rejected (e.g. due to insufficient funds or an expired card) this increases our costs as we need to manually review the account and follow up for payment. We know this can happen occasionally, however, if any auto payment during the one year Guarantee period is rejected and the invoice subsequently remains outstanding for more than 7 days, the Power Diary Account will be ineligible from claiming a refund under the Guarantee.
- In some circumstances, the one year Guarantee may not be offered to government, university or corporate accounts that require comprehensive setup assistance by the Power Diary Support Team. This typically applies to organisations that have 100 or more individual accounts linked through a Master Account system. You will be advised in advance if your account is excluded from the Guarantee.
- The one year Guarantee does not apply in situations caused by large scale events which are outside of Power Diary’s control – eg wars, pandemics, economic recessions/depressions, natural disasters, etc.
17. Local Privacy and Security Regulations
- EU Standard Contractual Clause UK Addendum – (EU SCC UK Addendum)
The EU SCC UK Addendum is important for customers operating in the United Kingdom, European Union or that are bound to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). Click here to access and execute an EU SCC UK Addendum with Power Diary.
- Business Associate Agreement (BAA)
For customers operating in the USA, under HIPAA Regulations you are required to have a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) in place with any companies you use to manage your patient’s health information. Click here to access and execute a BAA with Power Diary.
- This agreement, the Power Diary Website, and the acquisition of products and services via the Power Diary Website, are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
- You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia, and courts of appeal from them, for determining any dispute concerning this agreement, the Power Diary Website, or the acquisition of products and services via the Power Diary Website.
- You irrevocably waive any objection to the venue of any legal process on the basis that the process has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
Last updated: 14th October 2021