The telehealth revolution has arrived, and telehealth software systems are playing a big role in helping practices of all sizes reach patients that may have previously been unreachable. In this article, we’ll explore how telehealth software benefits practices and empowers patients.
What Is Telehealth?
Telehealth, also known as telemedicine or virtual care, is a type of practice that uses modern technology to connect healthcare providers with their patients. This can include remote diagnosis and monitoring, patient education, video conferencing, in-depth research, and more. Thanks to advancements in technology and its rapid adoption across the healthcare field, health practices now have more ways than ever to connect with their patients.
Telehealth Increases Accessibility
What use is excellent healthcare if your patients can’t access it? If patients have health concerns that impede their ability to attend in-person appointments, it can be a challenge to provide consistent, quality care. Telehealth is changing everything and tackling this problem head-on.
Over the past five years, there has been a significant increase in the number of patients requesting telehealth services, as people increasingly become familiar with this type of healthcare delivery. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the use of telehealth services jumped, representing 32% of all outpatient visits by April 2020. In some areas, such as psychiatry, this figure was as high as 50%. According to a recent McKinsey survey, 40% of respondents believe they will continue to use telehealth services moving forward, beyond the pandemic.
But are patients actually satisfied with the care they receive via telehealth? Overwhelmingly, the answer is yes! In another survey, 94% of respondents stated that they were either satisfied or neutral regarding their experience with telehealth. Telehealth is well-received by patients, which is not surprising given the convenience and cost-savings it offers.
It’s not just patients who are enjoying the telehealth revolution – practices are also reaping the rewards of using telehealth software systems. In one study, 90.9% of healthcare providers stated that they believed telehealth improves patients’ access to healthcare. They also observed that by using telehealth systems, they were able to reduce no-shows from 8.49% to 4.61%.
By offering telehealth services, practices can help their patients access the care they need, even if they can’t come in to see them. As such, telehealth software systems are a win-win for both patients and healthcare providers alike.
What Are Telemedicine Software Platforms?
Telemedicine software platforms, also known as EMR telehealth solutions, are healthcare management systems designed to help medical practices and other healthcare providers deliver high-quality patient care remotely. These platforms typically consist of features and tools that allow healthcare professionals to connect with patients via video conferencing, conduct remote consultations and diagnosis, and track patient data through an electronic medical record (EMR) system. These powerful platforms are booming in popularity as more healthcare providers recognise the benefits of telehealth for their patients and practices.
Benefits of Telehealth Software Systems
Both practitioners and patients can enjoy benefits from using a great telehealth software solution. With the right platform, practitioners can offer patients the high-quality care they need remotely, while also expanding their patient base and improving overall efficiency. Patients, in turn, can enjoy easy and convenient access to the healthcare services they need.
Benefits of Telemedicine for Practitioners
- Rapid communication: Telehealth software allows practitioners to communicate quickly and efficiently with patients. Video conferencing and instant messaging features ensure that both practitioners and patients can connect in real time, with minimal lag or delays.
- More appointments: By offering telehealth services, practitioners can increase the number of appointments they offer each day. The less time practitioners have to spend on administrative paperwork or resetting treatment rooms, the more time they can spend delivering quality patient care.
- Tailored patient care: Practitioners who use telehealth software can deliver custom patient care that accounts for each individual’s unique needs. Some patients may prefer remote appointments, which healthcare providers can accommodate by implementing telehealth software.
Telehealth Benefits for Patients
- Convenience: Thanks to telehealth services, patients no longer have to travel long distances or wait in a practitioner’s office to see their healthcare provider. Instead, they can simply connect remotely and receive the care they need.
- Decreased exposure: In addition to convenience, telehealth services also help reduce patient exposure to infectious diseases. Since patients are able to connect remotely from the comfort of their own homes, there is no risk of exposure to other patients who may be sick.
- Added comfort: Using telehealth software can offer patients more freedom and comfort. Instead of feeling anxious about sitting in a practitioner’s office while sharing personal health information, patients are more likely to feel at ease at home.
- Affordability: Practices using telehealth software platforms may offer their services for a reduced rate, so patients have more access to affordable healthcare. Patients can also save on transportation costs since they don’t have to spend money on fuel or public transport to get to the clinic in person.
Power Diary Telehealth Software
Power Diary is a leading provider of telehealth software systems that help medical practices and other healthcare providers deliver high-quality care to their patients remotely. Our system is highly functional, offering video conferencing, SMS messaging, and other features that make it easy for both practitioners and patients to connect and communicate quickly and efficiently.
Power Diary also provides authorised healthcare practitioners with convenient cloud access to patient records, alongside exceptionally robust patient data protection. Competitively priced and easy to use, our platform is the ideal choice for healthcare providers who want to provide high-quality care while also expanding their patient base and improving their overall efficiency. What more could a healthcare provider ask for?
Our Telehealth Services
- Virtual appointments: Through our telehealth software, practitioners can provide virtual appointments to patients who may otherwise have difficulty accessing care or prefer the convenience of connecting online.
- Client portal: Power Diary enables patients to connect with their practitioners through a client portal. Patients can securely book appointments, pay invoices, and review and cancel upcoming appointments 24/7.
- Simple to use: Power Diary is designed for easy use by both practitioners and patients. An intuitive interface makes it simple to connect and communicate, ensuring that no one has difficulty using or accessing the platform.
- Highly secure: To protect patient data, Power Diary uses cutting-edge security measures, including advanced encryption. The platform is constantly updated to ensure data always remains safe and secure.
Transitioning to Telehealth
Looking to transition your healthcare practice to telehealth services? With Power Diary, you can easily and quickly set up a robust telehealth platform that offers high-quality care to your patients. Our team of experienced specialists will work closely with you to ensure a smooth transition, providing both guidance and support throughout the process.
Our telemedicine software platform is designed to be easy to use and configure and requires minimal training and setup. We also offer extensive support services and resources to help you make the most of our platform and effectively engage your patients.
What Devices Are Supported Through Telehealth?
Power Diary supports iOS, Windows, macOS, and Android devices, so your practice can provide telehealth services to patients using a wide range of devices and platforms. Check out our full list of supported devices for more detailed information.
Improve Your Practice with Innovative Telehealth Software
With Power Diary’s innovative telehealth software, you can start integrating telehealth services into your practice today. Your patients will appreciate the convenience of virtual appointments, and you’ll be able to improve your overall efficiency while delivering high-quality care. Contact us today to learn more about our platform and services.