Member Association, Australia
The Australian Association of Psychologists Inc (AAPi) is a peak body representing psychologists in Australia. Their values are equality, diversity & democracy.
About The Australian Association of Psychologists Inc
AAPi is a peak body for psychologists with the aims to:
- Represent a united voice for psychologists to government and funding bodies
- Promote the recognition, professionalism, skills and expertise of psychologists
- Improve access and equity to psychological services in Australia by removing barriers to effective treatment
- Advocate for the removal of the two-tier funding system and reinstate one Medicare rebate for the clients of all psychologists
- Uphold the value of all psychological expertise and pathways to registration
- Serve the professional needs of all psychologists by providing members with quality professional development opportunities, expert support and guidance
They AAPi offer their members:
Member Support Service
Need support or help with an ethical/professional dilemma? AAPi Members have access to telephone and email member support.
They are continually lobbying with the Government, peak bodies and via the media to remove the two-tier funding system, increase funding and improve access to psychologists. They keep you posted on their progress in regular newsletters and you can volunteer to support this cause as well.
Their members are the first to know when new funding schemes, rebates and funding opportunities are established for registered psychologists and their clients.
Member Community Forum
Join a special interest group, network online with your peers and gain support and knowledge with this dynamic forum for practitioners based in any location across Australia.
Peer supervision groups for AAPi Members.
Discounted professional development
AAPi has partnered with the Mental Health Academy to make attaining your mandatory annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as simple and cost effective as possible.
Practice improvement webinars
Free or low cost for members, these webinars focus on streamlining your systems, introducing you to time-saving technology, boosting your team performance, and helping you lead a successful private practice.
Log and track your annual CPD through your AAPi member portal.
Find a psychologist
As a member, you can be featured in our national searchable list for referral sources and clients.